Title: Research Associate
No. of position: 1
Location: Kupondole, Lalitpur
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Length: 6 months (can be extended as per the performance and need)
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Key roles and responsibilities:-
- Collect information, literature, reports and documents related to a given topic.
- Conduct literature reviews and write substantial summaries
- Maintain a daily task of searching for and retrieving information online and offline media related to civic spaces and civil societies in Nepal
- Keep a log and manage online database and records
- Assist with the team with synthesis, analysis and other general research works
- Attend meetings (both in-person and virtual), note-taking and taking meeting minutes.
- Contribute in research and report writing tasks
- Provide daily and weekly updates to program coordinator
- Enrolled/completed a Master’s degree in Sociology, Economics, Philosophy,International Development, Community Development or other social science.
- Knowledgeable about roles of civil societies, social and economic issues, development sectors actors and government structures in Nepal.
- Sound understanding of research methodologies.
- Strong critical analysis and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details.
- Proficiency in MS Office and SPSS.
- Good written and oral communication skills in Nepali and English are required.
Planning & Organizing: Ability to plan work and manage conflicting priorities.
Communication: Good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style.
Interpersonal Skills: Ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Growth: Willingness to learn and work hard for growth.
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Research Associate”, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before September 03, 2020. Your application must include a cover letter and C.V.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.